Thursday, May 26, 2011

orzo with buttered bread crumbs.





I am not one to take to the Internet to complain, so I'll just say that I'm not having a fantastic week, and leave it at that. On the bright side, I allowed myself to take part in some of my favorite comfort food. To me, this recipe is up there with homemade macaroni and cheese. Though I usually stick with fairly healthy meals most of the time, let's face it--it's nice to indulge every once in a while.


the recipe
8 oz. orzo
1 stick of butter
seasoned bread crumbs
Boil water and add the orzo. In a small frying pan, melt 1 stick of butter. As the butter melts, add enough seasoned bread crumbs to absorb all the butter. After the orzo is cooked and drained, stir in the melted butter and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.


substitutions
Look at that recipe. There are only good things going on there, trust me.


great with
Pretty much whatever strikes your fancy. I love, and I mean, I really LOVE peas, so I tend to throw them into this recipe, as the picture at the top indicates. I'll also usually have it with a Morningstar Farms Chicken Pattie.


the review
This is a really simple combination of food, but it's really good. The secret to this recipe is not skimping on the bread crumbs. When made correctly, this is the ultimate comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment