Tuesday, June 7, 2011

two-pea pasta with ricotta and tarragon.





I'm always on the search for new pasta recipes, so when I found this one online at Delish.com, I thought it sounded great and couldn't wait to give it a try myself.


the recipe
coarse salt and ground pepper
12 ounces gemelli or other short pasta
12 ounces sugar snap peas
1 10-ounce package frozen peas
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese


1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than al dente. Add snap peas; cook 2 minutes, add peas, and cook 1 minute more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables and return to pot.
2. Toss pasta and vegetables with butter, tarragon, and ricotta, adding a little reserved pasta water as needed to create a thin sauce that coats pasta; season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide pasta among four serving bowls and garnish with tarragon, if desired. Serve immediately.


substitutions
I didn't have tarragon. I know that tarragon has a really unique flavor and there isn't really a complete substitution for it, so I just through some oregano in there for some flavor.


great with
Like most pastas, this stands great on its own. I had my pasta with a salad.


the review
Man, was this good. I'm kind of obsessed with peas, so the "two-pea" part of the recipe immediately hooked me. This is really easy to make, and it tastes fantastic. As far as sauces go, it's not heavy at all. I've been enjoying the leftovers for a few days now. I highly recommend making this.

No comments:

Post a Comment