Saturday, September 3, 2011

roasted broccoli with garlic.



First of all, I've been super lazy about posting lazy. However, school started recently and for several weeks I was spending lots of time preparing for my students. I was preparing food also; I just wasn't posting it on here. However, I have lots of good recipes to share now.

Anyways, this is another delicious recipe from A Couple Cooks. I love a simple recipe like this one for roasted broccoli with garlic. It's not hard to make, it goes with almost anything, and it's delicious.

the recipe
Serves 4-6 as a side
3 heads broccoli
8 cloves garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
olive oil
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Wash and dry the broccoli. Cut each garlic clove into quarters. Cut the broccoli into large florets.
3. Arrange the broccoli and garlic on a baking sheet and toss with a bit of olive oil. Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Roast the broccoli for about 20 minutes, until the tips are just browned.
5. In a bowl, add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.

substitutions
Just regular salt instead of kosher salt. I feel like I should maybe get some of this kosher salt. It keeps popping up in recipes.

great with
I believe I've had this as a side for veggie burgers, pizza and pasta, amongst other things. This will go with pretty much anything.

the review
When I was a little girl, maybe six years old, when asked I would say that my favorite food was garlic. I still love garlic, so needless to say I enjoyed this recipe very much. It's easy to make, it's delicious and of course it's good for you too. I have found that, in general, I do not need to roast the broccoli for 20 minutes, as the recipe suggests. Honestly, mine's closer to about 12 minutes probably. Anyways, this is a highly recommended recipe. Easy to make and very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment