Wednesday, March 16, 2011

pear walnut salad.


Thought I'd start the recipes going with something easy. I've had several salads and restaurants with pear in them and I absolutely love the flavor. The following recipe is my personal favorite combination for a salad.

the recipe
Spring mix greens
Pear
Walnuts
Mozzarella cheese
Raspberry vinaigrette dressing


1. Begin with bed of fresh spring mix greens.
2. Slice pear into small, bite-sized pieces, using about a half a pear for each salad serving. Top greens with pear pieces.
3. Add walnuts, mozzarella cheese and dressing as you wish.


great with
Pretty much anything. I especially love it before a plate of pasta or with a veggie burger.


the review
This is probably my favorite salad combination. It's ridiculously easy to make and it has several healthy, tasty components. And of course, a salad goes great with so many meals. The fruity flavors in this one make it great for spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment