Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the white plate.

I am a lifelong vegetarian. My parents raised me that way and with the exception of an ill-fated Thanksgiving turkey incident, I have remained a vegetarian for my entire life. When I was younger, I was very picky, and being a vegetarian just made that even harder. Now, I'm 23 years old and I love cooking and trying new foods. And these days, vegetarians are so lucky. There are so many more options than there used to be.

This blog will serve as a story. It will be the story of a kitchen and what comes out of it. I love cooking. By no means do I consider myself an expert on the subject. I just consider it a hobby of mine. This will allow me to document the recipes that I try and hopefully, will reach other vegetarians and give them some new ideas that they can use in their kitchens.

My goals with this blog are to provide recipes for healthy, affordable meals. This is something that I think is important and try to do in my everyday life. I have no doubt that I will make mistakes--just ask the bottle of olive oil that I broke all over my kitchen floor two days ago--but that's all part of the learning curve.

So why is this called The White Plate? I like simplicity and streamlined design. My background in art probably has something to do with that. I have white plates in my kitchen.

And let's not forget, food always looks good on a white plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment