Sunday, March 27, 2011

oriental green beans with peanut sauce.



This is a recipe that I got from my mom. I think it might be from one of her vegetarian cookbooks, but I'm not sure which one. Anyways, my mom made this once and I thought it was delicious. I've been making it ever since. 

the recipe
serves 4
1 10-ounce package frozen French-style green beans
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Cook green beans according to package directions. While beans are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork or wire whisk until well blended. When beans are finished cooking, drain them and place in a serving bowl. Spoon peanut sauce evenly over beans and serve right away. 

substitutions
This recipe also works well with snap peas instead of greens beans. That's what I used for the picture for this entry. I also don't usually have ground ginger, so I just eliminate that item.

great with
Serving the green beans over some brown rice is delicious. I also usually like to have a Morningstar Farms chicken pattie with this recipe.

the review
I may be slightly biased since I'm a sucker for anything that has peanut butter in it, but I love this recipe. All the ingredients in the peanut sauce combine so well for an incredibly flavorful topping. I absolutely love it. It's also so easy to make. While this does keep and reheat pretty well, it's definitely best when it's first made. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment